Monday 5 January 2015

Brantley Gilbert, ‘Just As I Am’ — 2014 Album Of The Year

Congratulations, Brantley Gilbert! Readers starter have selected its launch in May 2014, "Just as I am" as Album of the Year 2014.

Album of the Year title was determined through a survey that provides 12 Albums 2014 winners of the month. Gilbert won the second place Blackberry Smoke for less than 1 percent (47.18 percent of the vote to Gilbert, 47.07 percent for Blackberry Smoke). Other competitors include Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, the Doobie Brothers, Sara Evans, Florida Georgia Line, Lucy Hale, Jennifer Nettles, Sunny Sweeney, Josh Thompson and Carrie Underwood.



"Just as I am," which took home the trophy for Favorite Country Album at the American Music Awards 2014, is deeply personal. Gilbert co-wrote all 11 songs.

"I've always said that each of my albums has told a story ... my story, and this album is no different," he says. "I've been through a lot in recent years ... a lot of ups and downs, and all that is reflected in this project."

Three singles so far have been released from the album: "Bottoms Up", the first single from the album, which reached number 1; 'Small Town Throwdown, "a collaboration with Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett and, more recently,' a hell of an Amen '.

The year 2014 was a big one for Gilbert in other ways, too: He committed, spent a lot of time on the road, led a motorcycle ride charity, has contributed to a tribute album Motley Crue, led a panel at the Conference Billboard Touring and closed the year with a New Year performance.

And 2015 is shaping up to be pretty hectic, so Gilbert will join Chesney on the road this summer ... and it seems that a wedding is just around the corner!


Brantley Gilbert, ‘Just as I Am’ Track Listing:

1. ‘If You Want a Bad Boy’
2. ’17 Again’
3. ‘Bottoms Up’
4. ‘That Was Us’
5. ‘I’m Gone’
6. ‘My Baby’s Guns N’ Roses’
7. ‘Lights of My Hometown’
8. ‘One Hell of an Amen’
9. ‘Small Town Throwdown’
10. ‘Let It Ride’
11. ‘My Faith in You’

No comments:

Post a Comment